Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Joy and Pain

My mother says I am a tropical flower, and she doesn't know how I survived in Iowa as long as I did.  Today I live in Georgia, but winter is still painful for me.  Being cold is a type of pain.  This time of year I rely on layers and boots.  I think the boots contribute as much psychologically as they do physically.  Oh, the joy of boots.

Today's pair is from Younkers.  I watched them all fall and winter last year until they finally were reduced to the "take an additional 80% from the lowest marked price" range.  My buy price.  They are so comfortable I could walk around in them all day.

The layers let me add and subtract levels of warmth so I can be comfy all day.  It is also fun and distracting to try out different looks with the same outfit over the course of the day.

Purple sweater, Mossimo, Target; purple lace tank, George, Walmart; green pleather jacket, Joy, thrifted; paisley pashmina, ebay; black lace skirt, Kathy Ireland thrifted; purple tights, Target; black riding boots, Clarks, Younkers; cluster lever back earrings, Cozumel; dragonfly pendant, Cozumel.


You can't tell in the photos how purple these tights are.  They are purple.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.