Saturday, December 31, 2011

Crafty New Year!

My January challenges are not entirely fashion related.  The first challenge is to go on a shopping diet.  For the next 31 days, I will abstain from purchasing shoes, clothing, and accessories.  This will help me pull back on spending after December's Christmas excess and also allow me to exploit the extensive wardrobe I already have.
This month I would also like to tap into a different part of my creativity.  For the month of January, I will work on a craft every day.  I can't guarantee I will end up with 31 crafts by the end of the month, but I will work on a craft every day.

Image Credit: MarthaStewart.com
Martha Stewart is my role model in crafts,
smushy-face dogs, and evil.
Now I am looking for crafts to start me off.  Here are some of the resources I will look to for inspiration.

Crafts/categories I would like to hit:
  • Sewing
  • Crochet
  • Beading
  • Paper crafts
  • Shoe crafts
  • Embroidery
  • Modge podge
  • Photo crafts
  • Terrarium
I am looking for a variety of crafts, some of which will be very quick (10 minutes or less), some will take multiple days or even weeks.  I will do a giveaway for a crafty item or items at the end of the month.  Keep reading, share this blog with your friends, and make sure you get entered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.