Thursday, December 15, 2011

DSC: Halfway Mark

Today is my Friday.  I have tomorrow off because of the extra hours I worked last week.  That is why I'm not getting upset about how my morning is going.  It is pretty much going crazy.
This is what I was wearing
at 7:45.
This is what I'm wearing at 8:15.
Can you see the crazy, "things
are not going according to plan"
look in my eye?

I made hummus this morning to bring to a volunteer potluck tonight, and I managed to spray the front of my jacket with tahini.  I briefly considered just wearing the tahini (don't judge me), but then I remembered that I have lunch at the CVB today.  The lunch that I thought was yesterday.  I didn't feel like wearing tahini to the CVB.  I didn't have time to take many more outfit photos.  I'll try to snap a few more tonight.

This red sweater is the crimson sibling of this black and white sweater.  They both have a Christmas-y feel to me.  I really have to get my Christmas on next week.

I also couldn't figure out how to do my hair this morning.  I am so incredibly bad at styling my hair.  I can only do this little flip style because my old hair stylist showed me how three times.  I loved how smooth it was after it was done on Tuesday.  I think I'll have to go back for a lesson.

Red print sweater, Rafaella, Younkers; grey silk snake print shirt, gifted (thanks Angie!); grey leopard tank, No Boundaries, Walmart; lace skirt, Kathy Ireland, thrifted; tights, Walmart; red Mary Janes, Naturalizer, Younkers; snake bracelet, gifted (thanks Kate!); dragonfly pin/pendant, purchased in Cozumel; dragonfly earrings, handmade by me.

 
 
Today marks the halfway point for my December Shoe Challenge.  This is my 16th pair of shoes/boots this month.

You can find the complete gallery here.  It will be updated daily for the rest of the month, then it will serve as an enduring memorial to my shoe excess.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I got you that bracelet in high school. Great memory. I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, that's one of the things I like about jewelry- it can be a concrete reminder of the person who gave it to you. I think of you every time I look at this bracelet. I also like jewelry because it's sparkly, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.