Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Racey Post

It's race day!  That means I'm up way too early for a Saturday morning, and I'm going to spend my morning outside in the (relative) cold.  It will undoubtedly be stressful, hectic and semi-chaotic, but hopefully it will also be fun and successful.

Fingers crossed.

My priorities for this morning are:
  1. Warm
  2. Comfortable
  3. Presentable since I'm organizing this in a professional capacity
Success?
All layers
Tee and sweatshirt, hooded up

I picked this jacket so people could say "Jeanne is the race director.  She's the one in the day-glow jacket."

Just my tee
All layers, hooded up and ready to go

Day-glow faux suede jacket, County Clothing Co, thrifted; denim ruffled sweatshirt, Street Flower, Younkers; blue long sleeve tee, Tee Shop, Victoria's Secret; khaki pants, Relativity, Younkers; casual tan shoes, Liz Claiborne, Younkers; dragonfly pendant, purchased in Cozumel Mexico; dragonfly on lily earrings, handmade by me.

I choose layers so I could customize my level of warmth throughout the morning.  I ended up ditching the sweatshirt pretty early on and just sticking to tee and jacket.

I made these earrings at 5:00
this morning because I
couldn't sleep.



I actually wear these shoes
almost every day.  They are
convenient for running out for
a second.


Lemme hear you say this s*** is bananas.
B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Last night I went to the grocery store and bought about 50 pounds of bananas.  When I got to the checkout with a cart and a half of bananas the bag boy looked at me with awe and said "Wow.  You must really like bananas."  I'm still laughing about that.  Definitely the funniest moment of my week.




The race went really well.  The winner finished the 10k in less than 37 minutes.  He was blazing fast!

Congratulations to all the racers who ran today!

1 comment:

  1. I love that jacket! It definitely makes you stand out in a crowd (and matches the bananas that you love :-)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.