Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Top of My Class

I hated plaid jumpers 20+ years ago when I had to wear them as part of my uniform at Catholic school.  I've grown to appreciate them, and now I have two.  I guess I'm channeling the ghost of Catholic school girls past.
I'm not sure how I will remix this one.  Maybe with the scarf I wore to the fashion show?  I think the dress needs something with structure and/or enough volume on top to balance out the full skirt.

This was a perfect outfit for the dreary day today.  It is wonderfully cozy.  The jumper has pockets, and I'm sure I won't be able to keep my hands out of them.  So many women's garments are pocket-less.

To paraphrase Alanis Morissette,
I've got (both) hands in my pocket(s).
The jumper doesn't look great in this
shot, but the boots do.

Plaid jumper, Bryn Connelly, thrifted; green embroidered corduroy jacket, A.M.I., thrifted; brown buckle boots, Mossimo, Target; green flower earrings, My Dog and I etsy; melusine necklace, gifted (Thank you Mom!); silver Ganesha bracelet, ebay.

Can you believe these boots
were under $20?
One of my most cherished pieces of
jewelry.
The boots are from my Target excursion on Sunday.







Close-up of embroidery and
buttons on jacket
Close-up of plaid on jumper





No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.