Friday, December 9, 2011

Under the Sea, the Birds Have Scales for Feathers

I love George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series of books, and the title of today's book comes from the prophetic ramblings of Patchface the Fool.  The variety of blues in my outfit reminds me of ocean waters, and my jewelry features, a fish, octopi, and coral.

This sweater is kind of weird.  I didn't notice that the bottom of the sweater has button holes and the shoulders have buttons until I was on my way to work.  It can be worn loose, tied, or crossed and buttoned.  There are probably other ways to wear it too.  I really like multi-way clothes.

Loose
Tied
Navy multi-way sweater, Absolutely, TJ Maxx; teal faux wrap shirt, Rafaella, Younkers; teal tank, thirfted; black slacks, Larry Levine, Younkers; metallic zipper detail shoes, Relativity, Younkers; fish brooch, thrifted; octopus pendant, ebay; octopus earrings, handmade by me; red coral bracelet, handmade by me.  

     
Wrapped

   



  

I think I am going to do a series of outfits inspired by SOIAF characters.  Geek-gasms ahoy!

As an aside, I just found out that George R. R. Martin has a blog which he is calling "Not A Blog."  Very clever, George.  Stop "not" blogging and start writing book six of A Song of Ice and Fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.