Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cash Money

This outfit reminds me of money because of the amount of green and gold in it.  It's even better because I didn't have to spend much cash to look like money.

I am completely and totally happy with this outfit.  I like the colors.  I like the fit.  I like the comfort.  I like the cost.  Every part of this outfit, with the exception of the earrings, was thrifted or on clearance.

 

This skirt looks silky in the photos, but it is actually
a comfortable jersey material.

Denim jacket, Old Navy; green wrap front shirt, Liz Claiborne, Younkers; blue, green, and gold patterned skirt, thrifted; navy and black chevron tights, Missoni, Target; green flats, X Appeal, Rack Room Shoes; gold belt, thrifted; gold circle earrings, TrinketsByM, etsy.

 Remember when there was that big fuss about Missoni's line for Target?  People camped out at the stores.  The Target website crashed due to high traffic.  It was bedlam.  I wanted no part of it.  Imagine my surprise when I went to Target a few weeks ago to buy tights and found a number of Missoni items on the 75% off clearance rack.  I got a nice bag, a scarf and a few pairs of lovely tights, including this pair.  I like the navy and black chevron pattern.  It is subtle but still interesting.



We had another great dinner last night.  We had steak quesadillas, Spanish rice, refried beans, and veggies last night, and I think we will have steak grilled cheese tonight.  We don't usually eat this much steak, but we grilled a 1 1/2 pound flat iron steak on Sunday.  All these subsequent meals have been using up the leftover steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.