Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Everybody, Everywear: Black + White

Black + White | Everybody, Everywear

Today is Everybody Everywear Black + White day.  I was disappointed when the challenge wasn't animal print, but I managed to sneak some animal in anyway.  I don't think I would have come up with this outfit without a challenge.

Fashion face.
 

This dress is an awkward, convertible number from Walmart.  It morphs into a number of different styles, but it isn't particularly easy to wear.  The pearl bracelet and necklace came from ebay.  You can find some good deals on pearls from China there.  I don't even really care whether the pearls are real or not when the cost $3 or less and look pretty.  I've had this ring since I was in high school.  I think I got it at an outdoor fair of some sort.  Mom or Kate, do you remember?

Love these oxford pumps.
Kate, they look like something
you'd like too.
My attempt to replicate Surely Sonsy's
lovely accessories pics.  Fail.


 


I considered wearing these shoes.
I think I made the right choice.







Black turtleneck, George, Walmart; black and white animal print dress, Norma Kamali, Walmart; tights, Walmart; black oxford pumps, Graceland, Rack Room Shoes; black floral belt, Claire's; black and white pearl stud earrings, I don't remember; black and white pearl bracelet, ebay; black pearl necklace, ebay; hematite ring, I don't remember; houndstooth jacket, Collection by Gallery, thrifted.

This coat was originally part of
my outfit too, but it is really
too warm for a coat here today.
Mmmm enchiladas.
Yesterday ended much better than it began.  I finished everything on my "to do" list for the day (for once), found my missing makeup bag so I could do my makeup today, walked Gadget and had a very tasty beef and bean enchilada dinner.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma Kamali is in WALMART now? (does disbelief). I had (or maybe still have) a pair of very amazing Norma Kamali shoes circa 1980-85? They were purple pixie boots with really pointy toes and tiny little high heels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's kind of amazing how formerly high-end brands have whored themselves for the masses. Not that I'm entirely complaining. I do enjoy a bargain.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.