Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Turquoise Tuesday

Before I started reading What I Wore 2Day, I often layered over dresses but not under.  Kasmira opened my eyes to the possibilities of layering shirts (or even another dress) to get different effects.  The other essential thing I learned from What I Wore 2Day is that animal print is a neutral.  The latter is why it is just fine for me to wear leopard print shoes with a turquoise outfit.

 

Sweater dress, Perceptions, Younkers; button-down shirt, Westbound, Dillards; tights, Walmart; leopard flats, American Eagle, Payless Shoes; necklace and earrings, purchased in Cozumel.
 

The turquoise dress is an awkward length.  I wonder if I can shorten a sweater dress without ruining it.

I am very much the December child today.  Blue topaz and turquoise are December's birthstones.  I have been lobbying to have December's birthstone changed to blue diamonds, but I haven't succeeded yet.  I think this color really suits me.

 

I have fallen back into my lazy shoe ways since December's Shoe Challenge is over.  I have worn these flats too many times in the past few weeks.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.