Monday, January 9, 2012

Wholesome

Sometimes I have a problem with balance.  I tend to be either gung-ho or apathetic about most things in my life.  Lately I have been struggling a lot with balance in my eating.  This week I am counteracting that with greater mindfulness.  I am not going to say I am banned from eating XYZ, but I don't want to eat junk just because I am exhausted and miserable and I don't have a healthy, tasty option on hand.

Roasted turnips
Yesterday I did a massive grocery shop and spent some time cooking a bunch of wholesome, tasty foods to eat over the course of the week.  Among the tasty choices are roasted turnips, a version of my cranberry raisin goo without raisins and with kumquats, oat groats, beef stock and stew beef for soup, beef and bean enchiladas, and a whole heap of broccoli.

Cranberry kumquat goodness
It was very comforting to know that I had oat groats with cranberry goo, roasted turnips, broccoli, a small salad with Greek dressing, and a peanut butter sandwich packed to eat today, and I have enchiladas waiting to go in the over when I get home from work.

I am taking a brief break from counting Weight Watchers PointsPlus, and instead I am going to spend the next week being satisfied and mindful.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.