Friday, February 17, 2012

Awesome as F**k

The first CD I every purchased was Green Day's Dookie.  I was approximately 11 years old, and I have loved the band ever since.  I think I have every album they've released, and I have seen them in concert three times.  I <3 Green Day.  Their most recent CD/concert dvd is Awesome As F**k (Amazon link) , and it is.  The t-shirt came from one of the times I saw them in concert for their 21st Century Breakdown (Amazon link) tour.  I love the political/social justice messages that play out in some of their recent work, and I love the juvenile, masturbatory anthems in some of their earlier albums.
Rock on!
Not to be confused with "I love you."
I love you Stephen.  And Wonton.  And Gadget.
And Mom.  And Kate.  And others.  You know
who you are.
 Blazer, thrifted; tee, purchased at Green Day concert; slacks, Star City, Younkers; flats, Madden Girl, Rack Room Shoes; earrings, Claire's.
A repair guy caught me rocking out at my
desk.
It was embarrassing, but I stand by
my rocking out.


I am the only one in my part of the office today, so I declared it casual Friday.  There is no one else here, so I'm King Queen for a Day.  If you have had a long week like I have, click on some of the links above and rock your ass off.  Especially King for a Day, but especially all of them.
 
I just found out that today is Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong's 40th birthday.  Funny.  I didn't know that when I put on this shirt or started writing this post.  40 years old and still Awesome as F**k.  I think I will celebrate with some Green Day: Rock Band (Amazon link) tonight.

My affirmation of the day from Louise Hay's The Present Moment: 365 Daily Affirmations is: I am at home in my body.

This body is the only one I've got, so I will treat it right with yoga, walking and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.