Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hello Puny Humans

Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel like the Incredible Hulk?  This is one of those days.  Very sexy.

I didn't sleep well and woke up late, but that was okay because I knew exactly what I wanted to wear. My outfit was inspired by Gracey at Fashion for Giants.  Actually, it was inspired by her shoes.  They are so lovely I actually looked online to see if I could find them in my size.  I couldn't.  I had to make do with what I do have- these oxfords. I continued the plagiarism with the color of the tights.

My first choice of outfit was a black sheath dress with a floral print.  It buttons up the back, which I love loved.  When I bent down to put my shoes on I popped two buttons off.  Hulk moment number one.  Arg.

My second choice was a black dress with a white lace band around the waist.  Very pretty.  I couldn't get it zipped.  Zipper broke.  Hulk moment number two.  Hulk getting angry.

My third choice was a grey sweater dress.  I pulled it on and the seam around the neck ripped open.  Hulk moment number three.  Rawrrrrrrr!

At this point I had the option to either laugh or cry, and I chose to laugh.  I was already wearing the turtleneck, tights and jewelry, so I decided to switch focus from dresses to skirts and I came up with this one that I haven't worn in a while.  It may not be my most inspired outfit, but I'm happy enough that I'm not going to turn green and terrorize the town.  That's probably a good thing.
You know it's not a great blogging day when I have my eyes closed in the best photo I got.

Turtleneck, White Stag, Walmart; skirt, George, Walmart; tights, Target; shoes, Graceland, Rack Room Shoes; earrings, handmade my me; necklace, Arts in the Heart.

Jumping for something.  Probably not joy.
Must be jumping for dorkiness.


Well, you can see most of my shoes in this one.
Anyway, this is one of those days when there is just not enough coffee in the world to make things go smoothly.  On the upside, my lovely and talented friend and coworker Chastity took my outfit photos today.  Usually I have to reset my camera timer between every shot.  That gets old quick.  We used work's camera so I could test out the differences to see if it's worth getting a similar one.  The only problem was that I was very self conscious in front of another person.  I was making stupid faces in every photo.  Seriously.  Oh well.  Next time I'll have her take my photos after work, and we can have a glass of wine.

In lovlier news, Stephen got me Game of Thrones Season One on BluRay for Valentine's Day.  So exciting.  Happy Wednesday.

My affirmation of the day from Louise Hay's The Present Moment: 365 Daily Affirmations is: I laugh at life (and at myself), and choose not to be offended by anyone or anything.  


I've got laughing at myself down pat.  Next lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so this post totally cracked me up. Trust me when I say I've had days exactly like this. As it is, I think your final outfit turned out great and I LOVE the color of your tights.

    Also, really, my shoes and I were your inspiration? We're flattered. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.