Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Or As I Like to Call It, Tuesday

Today is Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday).  The day when Catholics of the world live it up one more time before the beginning of Lent.  Laissez les bons temps rouler.  

Dangerous curves ahead.
My pics worked best when I didn't try to
smile.



Today's outfit is a lazy nod to Mardi Gras with purple and a multi-strand necklace that is sort of similar to those Mardi Gras beads.  This was another day of trying on outfit after outfit before I found something that more or less works for me.  I'll try to make time to plan outfits for the rest of the week tonight.  Having my outfit picked out makes the morning go so much more smoothly.  

I had a headache when I took my pics.  It shows.

Handmade by me.
Now serving "Don't F with me"
realness.



My best Vanna White.

I only like this one because of the shadow lady
in the background.




















Leopard trim sheath dress, Signature by Robbie Bee, thrifted; sweater, Winter Silks, hand me down (thanks Mom!); shoes, X Appeal, Rack Room Shoes; earrings, Arts in the Heart; necklace and bracelet, handmade by me.


Favorite pic of the day.

My affirmation of the day from Louise Hay's The Present Moment: 365 Daily Affirmations is: Today I celebrate all that I am and all that I will become.  

I'm having a hard time celebrating myself today.  I've been especially uncomfortable in my skin recently.  That (and the fact that I have a mountain of clean laundry to put away), have thrown me off my style game. I am feeling fat.  I am feeling more than fat.  I think I am subconsciously reflecting some of my general frustration back onto my physical appearance.  I don't even think I look unattractive when I review today's photos.  I think a lot of my "fat" is between my ears.  How's that for nickel psychology?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.