Monday, February 27, 2012

Super Freak

Let's start with the outfit.  It's not earth shaking, but I like it.

 

Cardigan, Rafaella, Younkers; dress, Lennie by Nina Leonard, Younkers; shoes, Naturalizer, Younkers; earrings, thrifted; necklaces, Target; bracelet, thrifted.
Can't smile.  Really.  My face is numb.
 

Now on to the day.  I broke a tooth.  I forgot my lunch at home.  It's raining.  Luckily I have insurance, and I was able to get my tooth fixed this afternoon.  I'm not smiling in any of the photos because the lower right quadrant of my face is numb.

It was funny going to a new dentist for the first time in close to twenty years.  My old dentist was used to all my anomalies, but the new one seemed very interested in the fact that I'm missing a number of molars all together and some of my other teeth are baby teeth that don't have adult teeth to replace them.  Yes, it was kind of cool in a weird way.  It's always fun to let your freak flag fly.

This weekend was a pretty good one.  My lovely friend Chastity came over for dinner Saturday night.  Lots of good food, good wine and laughing that night.  On Sunday Stephen started his first batch of home brewed beer.  I used the leftover spent grains from the brewing process to make a loaf of highly fibrous and delicious bread.
Spent grain bread.











I also made a really tasty dinner last night.  It was a Old Fashioned Tamale Pie recipe from the America's Test Kitchen.  Any recipe from them is going to be good.  It didn't look as pretty as it did in the picture, but it made up for it in the flavor department.
My tamale pie.
Photo from the recipe.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I still have baby teeth in my mouth too! Most people think that's weird, so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

    I love the leopard cardi with the pops of red; you can't go wrong with that combo.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.