Sunday, March 18, 2012

Boston Lager (and other adventures)

Though were in Massachusetts for my grandmother's funeral, the occasion ended up being an impromptu family reunion.  It was a sad occasion, but there was a lot of joy also as we remembered my grandmother and reconnected.


At the airport at 5:30 am.


This outfit is for the birds: owls and swallows.
More owls.

Now I have my photo with the Most Interesting Man in the World and
Sam Adams, brewer and patriot.

Wednesday we had a very early flight out of Augusta, and we had four hours between the time our flight got in and the time my sister got in.  As I already posted, we took advantage of those hours with a trip to the Samuel Adam's Boston Brewery.  Yum.  We brought back some special Sam Adams that is only available at the brewery and in Denver, CO.  I can't wait to try it.

 
This is what I wore Thursday before the wake.  I didn't photograph my wake and funeral outfits.  The bottom line is that they were black with the same jewelery.

 
This is what I wore Friday after the funeral for dinner and socializing with my family.  
Saturday was another travel day.  I didn't get a photo of the whole outfit.  It was mostly the same outfit as Friday, but with patterned lace tights.  The tights mean I had three patterns from the waist down with dress, tights and shoes.  I paired it with a pink cardigan and denim jacket since it's always cold on airplanes.  

It was wonderful to see my family, especially my sister.  My only regret from the trip is that I didn't get a photo with her or my cousins, aunts and uncles.  Hopefully this is a new era of closeness for our family and I'll get those photos soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.