Tuesday, March 13, 2012

EBEW: Green(ish)

Green: Everybody, Everywear

Today is the Everybody Everywear Green challenge.Today's outfit is lazy.  It is thrown together.  It is unplanned.  Nonetheless, I think it works.  It's not a top 10, but I've done worse.  If I had more time to think and prepare my outfit would probably have been GREEN, but I suppose (green) will suffice.  Please excuse the quality of these pics.  I never got around to applying makeup today and I took these photos around 10 pm.
 

Please notice the green tank, green shoes and green jewelry.
 

My favorite component in this outfit is the necklace with the green thread component.  I made it.  The pendant was originally one of a pair of earrings that Stephen gave me.  I lost the other earring, but I still wanted to be able to wear it so I made this necklace and the matching earrings.  The other necklace is thrifted.

Today is off to a bumpy start.  My grandmother passed away yesterday, so we have an unplanned trip to Massachusetts in the works for her funeral.  This morning, when I needed coffee goodness the most, the steamer arm broke off my new espresso machine.  It sprayed pressurized steam all over the kitchen, but mostly missed me.  That was almost a trip to the emergency room.  Ow.

With regards to the funeral, I am having one of those rare crises where I don't know what to wear.  Black, obviously.  Conservative, obviously.  I still want to feel like me though, and I'd like to be comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. First, my condolences. We had a death in our extended family over the weekend too, but it is at such a distance, we will not attend the funeral. I like how you have salvaged the earring as a necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry about your grandma. and about your day all together. i hope things start looking up.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.