Monday, March 26, 2012

(In)Visible Monday

Today is Visible Monday, but I didn't feel like being visible.  I am having one of those days where my self esteem is just not in a comfortable place, and my stress level is through the roof.  How do I get visible and invisible at the same time?  I decided on this dress.  It is also convertible to be worn as a skirt.  I like it because it gives me all of the colorful visibility I could want without feeling exposed.
 

This dress is one of the outfits I wore for engagement photos with Stephen.
Mabe pearl pendant and mother of pearl earrings.
 

It's funny how the mind works.  On Friday I felt like a curvy hottie, and today I feel like a bit of a blob.  My body hasn't changed in those few days, but my mind is in a different place.  I suppose I didn't hurt that Stephen spontaneously told me I looked great in my dress Friday... though he still questioned my devotion to the rainbow shawl.
Engagement pic.

I am finally self-aware enough that I realize that feeling like the Incredible Hulk doesn't mean I am the Incredible Hulk, but it doesn't really help with how I feel in the moment.  I am working on loving myself unconditionally.  It seems like the right thing to do to love myself as much as I love my dogs.

This weekend I didn't get as much done as I had hoped I would.  The house still looks like a bomb of clothes and papers exploded in pretty much every room.  I managed to get the dogs washed and a mountain of laundry reduced to a few stray bits.  I also switched my shoe closet into summer mode.  I am sad to put my boots away but ready for sandals.

Last night I made a big batch of spaghetti and meat balls, so we will be eating that for the next couple days.  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Jeanne, keep loving yourself. You are beautiful and thoughtful too. Love your engagement pic in B and W! And thanks for linking up to Visible Monday - I appreciate you sharing your stories.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.