Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Swamp Thangs

I've learned a lot about swamps and wetlands since moving to Georgia.  For example, did you know that
Swamp thang.

for an area to be consider a wetland it needs to have water, hydric soil and the presence of hydrophilic plants?  That's why my front yard was not a swamp even after our water supply pipe cracked this week and flooded the lawn.  It had water, but not the appropriate soil or vegetation.

I've also learned that sometimes in Georgia swamps have alligators.  The idea that there are alligators where I live blows my mind.  It's like having dinosaurs in the back yard.  (Luckily they aren't literally in my back yard.)
 

I'm swamped at work.  I'm swamped at home.  A swamp-themed outfit just seems appropriate.  I went with swampy colors and accessorized with creatures found in the swamp.  Swamp swamp swamp.  If only I had some alligator accessories.
 

Shirt dress, Miss Tina, Walmart; jersey dress, thrifted; sandals, Sofft, Younkers; butterfly earrings, Claire's; dragonfly earrings, handmade by me; lizard pendant, had since childhood; shell bracelet, flea market.

Butterfly, lily pad and dragonfly earrings.
Mischief.

It has been a few weeks since I wore two dresses at once.  These two are nice and light so they don't overwhelm me on a warm, sunny day.

Lizard necklace.
Snake shoes.




















I last wore the patterned dress on February 10.  My hair has really grown a lot in the past six weeks.  I wore the shirt dress multiple times while I was in Iowa, but I didn't get any photos taken.
Flea market bracelet, less than $1.
My best swamp thang pose.

As you probably guess by the abundance of photos, I really like how this outfit turned out.  Suddenly being swamped doesn't seem like such a bad thing.  

In very happy news, the lovely Chenille has agreed to do a guest post on my blog AND she will soon be launching her etsy shop.  Huzzah!  Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is great. I love this outfit on you. And the snake shoes are surpassed only by your swamp thang pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to go gator (accessory) hunting once I get in town. Maybe I should bring my backyard gator when I move.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.