Monday, March 5, 2012

Va-Va-Monday

I'm really feeling this outfit.  It incorporates the va-va-voom dress I got yesterday with a chunky sweater and belt to balance out the raw sexuality.  Obviously that was a joke.



I don't know how this is possible, but I have never worn this octopus pendant before.  I've had it in my bead box for a couple of years, but I always planned that I would make it into something.  I think it looks just fine.

Didn't put makeup on again today.  I didn't
realize until I saw this photo that I have a bruise
in my jaw from the dental work I had last week.


My manner of dress has changed a lot in the past year or so.  I wore mostly pretty conservative, boring clothes most of the time.  The funny thing is, my aesthetic sense hasn't changed.  I've always admired and desired bold looks, but I never had the self-confidence to wear them.  Finally something clicked, and I realized that it doesn't matter what other people think of my clothes.  It matters how I feel in them.  As I look at the clothes I've been wearing lately, I realize that I would have loved these same looks as a kid.  I'm the woman I've always wanted to be.

Anyone with eyes can see that this is a Visible Monday.  Check out other people with Visible Mondays on Not Dead Yet Style.

2 comments:

  1. You look lovely my dear!
    I love your name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, I love what you wrote: I am the woman I've always wanted to be. Wonderful words! Thanks so much for sharing your post with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.