Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bruised but Not Broken

It wasn't until I saw these photos that I realized I'm dressed as a giant bruise.  I am purple, black and blue from head to toe.  It's actually rather fitting with the week I've had.  Oh well, on to the clothes.

 
Dress, vintage, thrifted; camisole, Rue 21; belt, vintage, thrifted; shoes, American Eagle, Payless Shoes; earrings, handmade and gifted (thanks Mary Ann!); necklace, handmade by me; bracelets, thrifted.

Only pic I got that shows the necklace and earrings.  
These bangles are made of glass.
 I adore this dress.  It is very light and flowy, and I imagine it will be perfect all Georgia summer long.  I may take some inspiration from Gracy at Fashion for Giants and shorten it just a tad, but even if I don't I think it's wonderful.  Also, it has pockets.  Not nearly enough new dresses (or women's clothes in general) have pockets.

My camera battery died after these four photos, but next time I wear this dress I will definitely get more detailed pics of its charming features.

Oh, in spite of my slightly dour mood this morning, I do have some lovely news to share in the next few days.  Happy Thursday, and remember Thursdays are for Thrifters!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you look like a giant bruise at all! I love these colors together. I hope you end up having a better week next week. Thanks for linking up with Thursdays are for Thrifters!
    -Meagan
    www.brassinpocketblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look good though even if you think you look like one big bruise or something. :) I love that dress as well and the fact that you thrifted it is awesome! Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.