Tuesday, April 3, 2012

This One's for Me... Probably

I've been wanting to crochet something for myself for awhile.  This might be it.

I have nine motifs down 72 to go.  Eek.  Better not think about that.  The first nine worked up really quickly.  It's a very easy motif.

I've wanted to make this shawl since I saw it in the Autumn 2011 Crochet! magazine.  I'm not sure about the colors of yarn I chose.  I suppose I'll see how much I like it before I decide if I want to keep it, sell it or give it away.
Image Credit: Crochet! Magazine
Maybe I should have bitten the bullet and bought
the same yarn used in the magazine.
It is Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Yarn in Harlequin.  I really like working with this yarn.  It is 50% superwash merino wool, 25% bamboo, and 25% nylon.  It is not itchy like wool can be.  

The photo of my flowers is not quite true to color, but I don't like it as much as I like the colors in the original.  I just couldn't justify spending almost $9 per skein when I needed seven skeins.

We'll see if it grows on me as I work the next 72 motifs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.