Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Turtle and the Harebrain

This morning as I was packing my lunch I heard a shriek followed by frantic barking coming from the back yard.  I ran out to find Gadget fixated on something in the grass.  As I came closer, he darted between me and it, as if trying to protect me.  Then I saw what it was... a small box turtle.  I'm glad Gadget was afraid of it instead of thinking it was a half a ball with legs.

I'm quite certain the turtle is now deaf after Gadget's show of alarm.
The whole thing added some excitement to my morning, but didn't have any negative impact other than the fact that when it was all said and done I had a shoe box full of turtle pee.

 
I put her in a shoebox and dropped her off in the woods near my house.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah turtle rescuer!I love how shiney the turtle is. Usually they're kinda of scuffed and dusty when I see them.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.