Friday, June 22, 2012

Heavy Lifting

With all of my various houseplants, it's almost like workout out in the jungle.  
I did something exciting and frightening last night.  I finally set up my weight bench.  I have no excuse to avoid the heavy lifting that I have long loved.  Weight lifting has been my thing since middle school.  I like being strong.  I like being able to lift heavy objects.  Three years ago I could leg press three times my body weight.  Now that my legs are weaker and my mass is greater the thought of that is a bit scary, but I'm taking baby steps.

This morning I had a great workout.  Did the numbers stack up to my past?  No.  Not even close.  But that doesn't matter.  I put in the work.  It felt good.  I'll go back tomorrow.  I'm worth it.

I guess my take home message is find what you love to honor your body and do it.  I can't wait for the DOMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.