Thursday, August 9, 2012

Comfortable with Casual

I have a hard time dressing casually without looking like a slob.  The levels of gradation in my casual clothes jump from the very casual (yoga pants, athletic tops) to moderately casual dresses and skirts without much lingering in the culturally typical "jeans and t-shirt" category.  I just don't usually feel my best in jeans and a t-shirt.  On days like today when I have a casual agenda (lunch with Chenille, errands, and paperwork), this is a comfortable alternative.
 

Crochet detail t-shirt, thrifted; skirt, Southern Lady, thrifted; belt, Mohair Pear; shoes, Bare Traps, Younkers; earrings, So & So; necklace, gifted (thanks Mom!); leopard cuff, Claire's.
 

This outfit is the perfect combination of physically comfortable and about the most casual clothing in which I'm mentally comfortable.  I love the crochet detail of the top.  It makes me wonder whether I could figure out how to embellish a similar piece.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.