Tuesday, August 14, 2012

EBEW: I Got Mono (And I Liked It)

Monochromatic | Everybody, Everywear I wasn't completely on board with this month's EBEW challenge.  Monochromatic?  The month right after color blocking?  I stood in my closet this morning and asked myself what my favorite color is.  Leopard print.  Well, that won't work.  So I chose my second favorite color.  This turquoise-y ocean blue.  I love the results.


Dress, Talbots, thrifted; belt, thrifted; shoes, Merona, Target; turquoise earrings and matching bracelet, handmade by me; other bracelets, thrifted.
 

I found this new-with-tags Talbots dress at Goodwill a few months ago, but this is my first time wearing it.  I love the cutout details at the neck, and it was a cool and comfortable choice for August in Georgia.  It came with a self-belt, but I swapped it out for this slim turquoise leather one.
 

I spent the day getting vaccinations for tropical diseases because in a few weeks I will be going to India!  The opportunity came up last week and I jumped at it.  Watch for some more covered-up styles on this blog as I experiment with styles will be more modest and wearable in the Indian heat.  Luckily I have the perfect laboratory.  It has been hotter here than where I will be going.

Check out Everybody Everywear for more creative, monochromatic outfits!

2 comments:

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.