Thursday, September 20, 2012

India: Animals and Glass Houses

Some thoughts didn't fit into any of my other posts, so here they are in no particular order.

Dogs:  I'm a dog lover, and India is full of stray dogs.  It was shocking to see so many suffering animals, and the danger cannot be understated because many of the dogs are rabid.



Cows: You've likely heard about cows in India, and it was actually kind of a treat for me to see them.  There were many pretty brahman cattle like this one by the expressway on our way to Agra.

On the other hand, it was surreal to have traffic stop because a family of cows had stopped to rest in the middle of Pune.




Elephants:  We saw two elephants in Pune.  It was everything I hoped it would be.  One of them punched me in the arm when I didn't give him money.  I probably should have given him money.

















Hotel Bathrooms: Of course I had to take a photo of the last of the three glass-walled bathrooms.  See, it's a trend.  I know what they say about people who live in glass houses... how does that apply to this scenario.








Visiting India was amazing, and I would go back in a heartbeat.  I have a few more thoughts that fit into the general category of "travel," so I'll put those together tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, yes on the punching elephants, yes on the cows but no on the poor dogs and heck no on the glass-walled bathrooms!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.