Saturday, September 29, 2012

Looking Good, Feeling Great

Last night I went to a reception at my previous job to honor a retired coworker.  I put a lot of thought into what to wear because it was the first time I've seen many of the board members and volunteers since I left.  I wanted to make sure that I looked as good as I feel, and I feel very good.
 

Dress, Magic, TJ MAXX (overdyed by me); sandals, Montego Bay Club, Payless Shoes; leaf earrings and dragonfly necklace, purchased in Cozumel.
 

I purchased this dress over a year ago and this is only the second time I've worn it.  I hate it when I do that.  I liked the fit and pattern a lot, but it was ivory with chocolate brown detailing, and I just don't wear much white.  I finally had the brilliant idea to over-dye it with a wine/pink dye, and now I think it will find its rightful spot in my regular rotation.  It is much more flattering to my skin tone and it will show coffee less when I inevitably spill it on myself.
 

Un-fun fact:  When I stepped under the tree for these photos I stepped into a fire ant nest.  Now my feet are covered in fire ant stings.  I hate those sons of bitches.

1 comment:

  1. That dress is amazing, and those fire ants SUCK!!! Hope your feet get relief soon!
    http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.