Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dilemma: Should Pastel Peacocks Stay or Go?

I bought this dress thinking I would alter it.  I thought I would remove the sleeves or the bow, or maybe I would alter the neckline.  I bought it at the Salvation Army thrift store without even trying it on.  I immediately loved the peacock-like print (though I'm not quite sold on its pastel hues).  When I got it home and tried it on, I came to a shocking discovery.  I really like this dress just the way it is.  I like the pleated skirt.  I like the bow at the collar.  I like the length.  I like the fit.
Is it better open...
Or tied?


Are the sleeves too short?  Would it look better
sleeveless?
Do these lovely ties stay or go?


In case you can't adequately appreciate the lovely pattern.
Now I have to ask myself, do I want to alter this hideous dress that I like, so it will draw fewer disapproving looks?  Do I let my freak flag fly and wear it as is?  Or is this dress a horribly unflattering discard from a bygone era that should banished back to the thrift store hell from whence it came?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.