Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Connection

Let's see, where did I put my soap box.  Ah, there it is.

Today is election day here in the USA.  If you're an American, I hope you're exercising your right to vote or have already done so.
Image Credit: rockthevote.com
You can never go wrong with a
Game of Thrones reference.
Image Credit: rockthevote.com
The Ryan Gossling "Hey Girl" meme never ceases to amuse me.
The most important part of elections for me used to be seeing my candidate win.  I still want my candidate to win.  I really, really want him (or her) to win, but the democratic process is about so much more than any one candidate.  It means so much to live in a nation where we all can take part in choosing our leaders.  That means even people who don't agree with me.

It's not a peace sign or V for vicotry.
It's V for vote!

I'm happy when the democratic process works, even when I am disappointed in the outcome of an election.  Winning doesn't make a side right, and losing doesn't make it wrong.  It is as hard for me to say as it is to put into practice, but that doesn't mean it's not correct.
 

I'm feeling patriotic in my red, white and blue realness.  Blue stripes are as good as red, right?  And zebra stripes are as good as plain ones... or better.
Vote!  Do it
Cardigan, Walmart; button-down shirt, thrifted; skirt, thrifted; tights, Target; shoes, Payless Shoes; earrings, TJ Maxx; necklace, Fire Mountain Gems.

I can't find a source for this image.  I saw it on facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.