Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Casual

I don't do casual very well.  I am trying to incorporate a few more casual elements into my style, but I'm mostly content with this being my casual look.  The socks peeking out of the boots up the casual quotient.  This outfit isn't slovenly, but it certainly isn't dressy either.
 

Dress, thrifted; belt, thrifted; tights, Target; socks, Target; boots, Rack Room Shoes; necklace, thrifted; earrings, handmade by me; trench coat, c/o eShakti.com.
 

I made these Christmas light earrings yesterday.  I found the two beads came in a mixed box of buttons, but there was only one of each color.  I tried to make the asymmetry look intentional by reversing the color combinations from one earring to the other.  I like how they turned out and I look forward to wearing them for many Christmases to come.

My favorite method of dressing for Christmas by wearing primarily either red or green and then adding a few pops of the other color with accessories.  I think it is a little less overpowering than a full-on red and green combo.

It was cold and windy today, so I added my eShakti trench coat for running errands.  The trench reversed the proportions of the colors in the outfit in a way that I found kind of fun.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.