Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dam!

I am proud to say that I was the sparkliest person at Hoover Dam on Monday.  Stephen and I toured the dam and power plant and walked over the Memorial Bridge.  It was very cool.

I didn't feel especially sparkly for me, but I was wearing a sparkly, studded sweater over a sequined, animal print tank.  I guess in retrospect I was a little sparkly.

I highly recommend a trip to Hoover Dam if you're in the vicinity.  It was a great time to let our geek flags fly and explore an engineering marvel.

 Can you see the little air vent holes in the side of the dam?
We were in one.













I also got to stand in two states at once.

Once we got back to Vegas we explored Downtown and the Freemont Street area for a while and then headed back to the Strip for the evening.

We spent a few more hours walking around, including a stroll through the Miracle Mile Shops, before we once again headed back to the Orleans to pack and get a few hours of sleep before we headed home.

This is the one photo of me from my birthday.  What can I say, we left the hotel at 5am.  I didn't make time for outfit photos.

I'm so glad we took this trip.  It was cool for me to see Las Vegas for the first time, and Trans Siberian Orchestra always puts on a great show.  It has been an almost-yearly Christmas tradition for us to see TSO from the time were were dating.

Stay tuned for the highlights of my Portland trip, coming early next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.