Saturday, February 16, 2013

If You Can't Beat 'Em...

This white lace dress is one of the sweetest things I own.  That's probably why it doesn't get more wear.  That, and the fact that it is too big through the waist.  Not fitting in the waist is a serious fit problem for me, since I think my waist is one of my better attributes.
 

I immediately knew the right thing to pair with the dress to balance the sweetness and define my waist... a cropped black motorcycle jacket.  Unfortunately I don't have one of those.  I tried it with a variety of animal print pieces and a green leather jacket, but the animals didn't work and the green made me feel like key lime pie.  Finally I decided that if I couldn't beat the sweetness then I might as well accept it.


Dress, thrifted; sweater, thrifted; belt, thrifted; tights, Target; boots, Rack Room Shoes; earrings, etsy.
 

The pink sweater worked better than any of my attempts to balance the sweetness.  I added the belt because without it the sweater was way too long.  I like the slightly retro, slightly geeky-looking results.

Now I need to decide what to do with this dress.  Should I keep it as is?  A little sweetness is nice sometimes.  Dye it?  I've been loving jewel-tone lace lately.  Or should I give up on it and send it on to Goodwill?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.