Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Silverback Pug

Behold the elusive silverback pug in her natural habitat.  Wonton doesn't show up in as many of my photos as Gadget does, but she stalked into some frames while patrolling the back yard this afternoon.  Can you spot her?  According to Wikipedia (I get perverse joy from quoting Wikipedia.), a silverback is typically more than 12 years of age, and is named for the distinctive patch of silver hair on its back, which comes with maturity.  Admittedly, Wikipedia is referring to gorillas, but Wonton is the dominant creature in our family group, she is over 12 years of age (she's almost 15), and she does have silver fur on her back.
 

Sweater, thrifted; dress, thrifted; shoes, Rack Room Shoes; necklace and earrings, purchased in Cozumel.
 

The dress is yet another Mercy Ministries find.  It is Ann Taylor Loft, and it only cost $1.  The sweater came with a coordinating dress, but I wear it more often with other things.  I chose the shoes because they are close to the colors of the sweater combined with the dress.
 


My mom is the one who coined the phrase silverback pug, and it fits her perfectly.  Wonton may not have opposable thumbs, but she rules with an iron fist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.