Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Wild, Now Tamed

I remember the first time I wore this dress.  It was probably close to five years ago.  I was hosting a volunteer recognition, and I was horribly uncomfortable.  I spent most of my time thinking about the dress and its many shocking colors.  Ha.  How things have changed.
 

Cardigan, Younkers; dress, thrifted; shoes, thrifted; earrings, purchased at a Christmas bazaar.
 

Now this dress feels classic, not garish.  I would wear it nearly anywhere but a funeral without a second thought.  I think the flowers are orchids, which makes it all the better.  Orchids are nearly a sickness for me.  I have over a dozen of various sizes and species.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.