Friday, July 26, 2013

New Job Drag

“We're born naked, and the rest is drag.” 
~RuPaul
 

Shirt, thrifted; skirt, gifted (thank you, Chenille!); belt, thrifted; sandals, Walmart; earrings, Claire's; necklace, inherited (thank you, Grandmere!).
 

I got the job I posted about last week, and so now I'll be playing with some new-job drag.  We each have our own drag, and that drag changes from day to day, year to year, environment to environment.  Our drag is the way we choose to present ourselves to the world.  It is the image we cultivate and project.  It is how we want others to perceive us.
 

As you look around at the people in your life, pay special attention to their drag.  Some men have tough-guy Clint Eastwood drag.  Some women have sexpot drag, mom drag, or even "I don't care" drag.  Every choice you make and don't make about how you present yourself makes up your drag.  
 

This bib necklace is hand-me-down costume jewelry from my grandmother.  When she passed away I received this and a string of glass pearls, and I treasure both.  It's fun to incorporate her memory and her aesthetics into my look.  I love that she had the bold style to choose such a statement necklace.  The skirt was a generous Christmas present from Chenille.  I blogged about wanting it, and she remembered.  She's a wonderful friend.  

I guess that's another factor that makes up my drag.  I'm influenced by all the people who touch my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.