Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Patten Un-Mixing

Here's a question for you: is it pattern mixing when I wear two pieces with the same pattern?  The polka dots on this dress are the same scale as the ones on the shoes, though the colors are different.  It's pattern mixing, but it's not.
 

Dress, thrifted, shoes, Payless Shoes; earrings and necklace, handmade and gifted (thank you, Chenille!).
 

The dress is a nice combination of pretty and casual, and the little keyholes at the sleeves are a lovely touch.
 

I added a blue necklace and earrings to better tie the shoes into the outfit.  Both accessories were made by my friend Chenille.  The necklace is shaped like a yarn ball, and the earrings are made of cobalt blue buttons.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.