Wednesday, November 6, 2013

All Hat, No Cattle

It's fun to play dress up with elements of other styles. This "cowgirl" outfit is a prime example.  I have no desire to be an actual cowgirl.  We had horses, sheep, goats and other livestock when I was a kid, and the amount of work and worry it takes just doesn't appeal to me.  I've lived as a country mouse, but I'd rather be a city mouse.  Or a suburb mouse, in my case.
 

Jacket, thrifted; sweater, thrifted; pants, Younkers; boots, Target; earrings, handmade by me.
 

I googled what to call someone who wears western-themed clothes without the lifestyle, and found the expression "all hat, no cattle."  I think it fits this outfit to a T, except that I'm really no hat and no cattle.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.