Friday, November 29, 2013

Au Revoir Paris

I forgot to take dedicated outfit photos of my fifth and final day in Paris.  You can understand.  Other things had my attention.
 

We started the morning with a walking tour guided by my aunt. We walked by Napoleon's tomb again, ate Berthillon ice cream (reputed to be some of the best in the world), and then spent the afternoon in the Louvre.
 
We walked through the Louvre for hours and saw only a tiny fraction of the collection.  Of course we saw the Mona Lisa, but I especially enjoyed the sculpture.
Jeanne D'Arc
Diana, goddess of the hunt
A cold rain had started by the time we had finished at the Louvre.  We had to skip the Christmas market at the Champs Elysee that we had planning on for the evening, and instead we took the metro back to our hotel.  Lucky for us, the rain drove us to the restaurant right next to our hotel where we ate one of the best meals of our trip.  We finished the evening with wine and laughter before starting our journey home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.