Thursday, February 27, 2014

Radiant Orchid

Did you know that the Pantone Color of the Year 2014 is Radiant Orchid?  Now you do.
Image Credit: Pantone
According to the Pantone press release, "Radiant Orchid blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination. It is an expressive, creative and embracing purple—one that draws you in with its beguiling charm. A captivating harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid emanates great joy, love and health."  

That sounds pretty good, right?  Orchid is right up my alley.  I have a dozen or so of them, most of which are currently in bloom.  Now see how I try for radiant and orchid without and Pantone Radiant Orchid.  
 

Jacket, Target; dress, thrifted; shoes, Target; earrings and necklace, etsy.
 

Next time I'll try an interpretation that actually has some of the purple-y color that Pantone has decreed the color of the moment.  Until then, I'll take radiant and orchid separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.